Whenever a new year comes around, people get preoccupied with their resolutions for the future. More often than not, those resolutions include plans to visit exotic destinations on vacation.
One of the most popular vacation destinations people tend to dream about is South Africa. People are drawn to the idea of visiting Africa because it represents a completely different lifestyle, and that’s something travellers like to experience.
On the one hand, you have the wild and uninhibited nature, and on the other – modern tech, trendy hotels and resorts, and a lively casino scene, including a thriving online casino South African platform.
If the idea of visiting another continent in the upcoming year appeals to you, it is time for you to find out more about what South Africa has in store for tourists!
5 Reasons Why to Visit South Africa
• A great source for adventures – In South Africa, you can enjoy dozens of thrilling activities apart from visiting a breath-taking safari. While surrounded by natural beauty, you will get to set out on unforgettable adventures, including shark diving, feeding elephants, walking a cheetah, and more.
• Affordable – Currently, 1 USD is worth 14.93 South African Rand, which is considered as a very strong currency conversion rate. That means that you will be able to experience what South Africa has to offer without spending as much money as you will in other countries. Of course, it all depends on the type of activities you’ll want to do when you’re on your vacation. There are expensive tours that you can take to experience the lavish side of the country, but they are not your only option. You can also have a budget-trip and have a spectacular journey without missing out on anything.
• Good weather – One of the most prominent perks of visiting Africa is the generally superb weather. Climate conditions vary in different regions across South Africa, but overall, the temperatures tend to remain nice and warm. The average annual temperature in Cape Town, for example, is about 17°C. Although in the summer the temperature can rise to 35°C or even higher, it usually cools down by nightfall.
• Delicious food – A big part of going abroad is setting out on a culinary adventure. Experiencing new flavours and tasting new foods is a great way to figure out what the country is all about. Luckily, Africa can introduce you to a lot of new flavours and tastes you’ve never tasted before!
• Prestigious facilities – While a lot of people think Africa is more suitable for backpackers, you can actually find plenty of world-class accommodations. There are lots of hotels and resorts that can provide you with a comfortable stay if you prefer not to be slumming it throughout your trip.
What To Do in South Africa
Now that you know why you should visit this country, you should find out what kind of activities await you while you’re there.
If you are into exploring nature, you can always make your way to the Kruger Park, which is one of the largest natural reserves in the world. You will be able to see wild animals in their natural habitat – leopards, buffalos, rhinos, lions, and elephants – as you drive through the park.
The Blyde River Canyon is perfect for hikers, as it is a section of the spectacular Panoramic Route, which can introduce you to some unforgettable views. But if you’d like to enjoy the scenery from a different viewpoint, you can go on an early ride in a hot air balloon.
Moreover, if the wildlife is what fascinates you most, you can always go whale watching or walk a cheetah at the Tenikwa Wildlife Rehabilitation and Awareness centre.
South Africa suits all kind of travellers: those who want a low-budget tour and those who want to splurge a little. People who want to become one with nature and those who want a luxurious stay in a fancy resort.
What kind of trip suits you most?
Subscribe to Jebiga for a dose of the best in gear, design, rides, tech and adventure.