The 3-Day Military Diet | Keeping You Closer to Your Weight-Loss Goals
From buying the most expensive diet pills to enrolling to a fitness program, many people resort to extensive weight loss routines that promise fast and visible results. However, being physically fit and healthy is not as easy as it sounds, especially if you are not using the right weight loss strategies. Fortunately, the 3 days diet is here to help you lose your waistline in no time.
Whether you are a work-at-home parent or a busy entrepreneur who doesn’t have time to hit the gym, this weight loss program proves to be a healthy way to shed some pounds. Clean, healthy and efficient, the 3-day diet won’t let your efforts and sacrifices go to waste as it guarantees fast results.
Firstly, Mentally Prepare Yourself
Just like you, many people are endlessly looking for ways to lose weight. However, only a few are willing to go the extra mile to reach their weight-related goals. Remember, no matter how effective a weight loss program is, it takes sweat, effort and a ton of determination to reach both your short and long-term fitness goals. From saying ‘no’ to your favorite delicacies to cutting down on your caloric intake every day, losing weight can mean tremendous sacrifices.
This basically explains why mental preparation is crucial in helping you lose pounds. While saying ‘no’ to cheat meals may sound easy, it can become extremely difficult, especially if you are not accustomed to eating small amounts of food every day. At times, you may even want to give in to temptation and just reward yourself with a bowl of popcorn. Nonetheless, if you are a goal-oriented and strong-minded individual, sticking to the 3-day diet is never impossible.
The 3-Day Military Diet: The Limitations
The 3-day diet may not require you to hit the treadmill every other day, but it will demand a change in lifestyle. Aside from eating a well-balanced diet, you should also stir clear from other food items that won’t benefit your body internally.
To gain maximum benefits from the 3-day diet, experts recommend the following:
- Cut down on sugar. Avoid drinking soft drinks, artificial juices or any beverage high in sugar. If you need to use sugar, turn to alternatives such as Stevia and other healthier sweeteners.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Adopt an active lifestyle if you can. Around 30 minutes of cardio exercise per day is crucial in helping you become healthier and fitter.
- Increase your water intake.
- After following the 3-day military diet, continue your diet by limiting your caloric intake to approximately 1,500 kcals per day for the next 4 days.
What is the 3-Day Diet?
The 3-day diet involves a strict, standardized menu. According to its developers, once you religiously follow this diet, you may lose up to 10 pounds in 7 days.
As a complete guide, below is the menu you need to follow for 3 days:
- Breakfast: 1 slice of toast, 1 cup of caffeinated tea or coffee, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, ½ slice of grapefruit
- Lunch: 1 cup of caffeinated tea or coffee, 1 slice of toast, ½ cup of tuna
- Dinner: 1 cup of green beans, 3 ounces of meat (any type), ½ slice of banana, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, 1 small apple
- Breakfast: 1 egg, ½ slice of banana, 1 slice of toast
- Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers, 1 hard-boiled egg
- Dinner: ½ cup of carrots, ½ cup of vanilla ice cream, 1 cup of broccoli, ½ slice of bananas, 2 hotdogs
- Breakfast: 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 5 saltine crackers, 1 small apple
- Lunch: 1 slice of toast, 1 hard-boiled egg
- Dinner: 1 cup of tuna, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, ½ slice of banana
While following the menu above can help you bid goodbye to your weight-related problems, you can also choose other food items that belong to the same food groups indicated in the chart. However, you still need to be cautious on the calorie count of each food substitute you would include in your diet.
Below is a guide on the substitutes you can consider while on the 3-day military diet:
- Tuna = other fish
- Boiled eggs = baked or scrambled eggs
- Animal proteins = tofu, nuts, soy or lentil
- Grapefruit = ½ spoon of baking soda in 1 glass of water
You can also replace vegetables and fruits with other food items that have a similar caloric count. In addition, you can choose any kind of meat during the 3-day military diet. If you plan to continue your weight-loss journey, you can do so by limiting your caloric intake for the next 4 days.
What You Need to Know about the 3-Day Military Diet
The 3-day military diet was created based on scientific principles related to weight loss. Basically, this program is centered on accelerating metabolism and increasing the body’s capability to burn fat by the use of chemical reactions between food groups.
Nonetheless, while the success rate of this diet is exceedingly high, the results can vary from one person to another. This is mainly because your ability to lose weight is highly dependent on your body’s overall composition. For instance, if you are already lean but you still want to shed off some unwanted pounds, you may lose only as low as 2 pounds after the 3-day diet. People with more fat in their body, on the other hand, can lose up to 12 pounds.
Simply put, the more fat there is to burn in your body, the higher your chances are of losing significant weight. In the like manner, tall people can burn more calories than short-statured individuals.
Is the 3-Day Military Diet Right for You?
The road to losing weight is often rough and curved. It takes not only physical but mental preparation as well. If you are considering the 3-day military diet, you have to first assess your goals so you can gauge whether this specific diet is in line with your objectives.
If you have a strong drive and you feel like you can say ‘no’ to your current eating habits, you should give the military diet a shot. Remember, those who are willing to give more can be 100 steps closer to their goals.
Subscribe to Jebiga for a dose of the best in gear, design, rides, tech and adventure.